Winter is progressing nicely. I was able to feel movement last night. We were laying on my bed cuddling. I love and appreciate these special moments. Winter appears a bit restless at times and while she is still eating and playing normally she does prefer to be close to me. She has started losing the fur on her tummy. I do NOT shave my girls tummy. They lose the fur naturally. If anything I will trim hair around nipples on my longer coat girls.
March 22nd 2021 – March 29th 2021
- She may express milk from her nipples.
- She may also become restless, seek seclusion and in the last few days, soil the house.
- Watch for her temperature to drop. Normal is 99.5 to 101. A drop to 97 – 98 on two readings an hour apart will mean the start of pre-labor.
- She will be ‘nesting’ 12-24 hours before the birth
March 30th 2021
Estimated Due Date. *
- Average is 62/63 days but may take place from the 58th to the 68th day.
- Keep watching for that cool to the touch. If you’re actually taking the temp, it does drop from 101 to 98 degrees.
- Appetite will disappear as whelping approaches.
- May see a clear discharge from the vulva.
- At onset of labor may pace, dig, shiver, pant and/or vomit.
*Please note it is not uncommon for girls to go past their due date.
Recourses used : https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/breedingdogs/whelpingdogpregnancycalendar.htm and http://www.maplesprings.com/pregnancy.html