July 2 – July 9
- Nipples and vulva should be gently cleaned with warm water, and you might want to trim the hairs surrounding the nipples.
- She may express milk from her nipples.
- Watch for her temperature to drop.
- She may also become restless, uncomfortable, and seek seclusion and in the last few days.
- She will be ‘nesting’ 12-24 hours before the birth
- Expected date of whelp. Average is 62/63 days but may take place from the 58th to the 68th day.
- If you’re actually taking the temp, it does drop from 101 to 98 degrees.
- Appetite will disappear as whelping approaches.
- May see a clear discharge from the vulva.
- At onset of labor may pace, dig, shiver, pant and/or vomit.
I can feel movement. Winter seems very uncomfortable and is rather irritable. more so than past litters. It is normal for my girls to go 3-5 days past due date. The tend to ovulate a bit later in their cycle. With the way Winter is acting anything is possible. I will start daily temp checks starting tomorrow. We are officially on puppy watch and will do all we can to keep her comfortable. Please keep track of our Facebook page for updates, photos and video.
The 3 pre birth deposits are reserved. Once the puppies are born picks 1-3 will choose and I will take deposits on the remaining puppies. (She has had 6 and 7 pups previously) If you are interested in a puppy from this litter please make sure I have a puppy questionnaire (application) on file!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. SupernovaSiberians@gmail.com.
© SupernovaSiberianHuskies.com aka TexasHuskies.com DO NOT use, copy, repost, publish, distribute without written consent!