- Week 9
- She may express milk from her nipples.
- She may also become restless, seek seclusion and in the last few days, soil the house.
- She will be ‘nesting’ 12-24 hours before the birth
- Start taking rectal temperatures. Normal is 99.5 to 101. A drop to 97 – 98 on two readings an hour apart will mean the start of pre-labor.
- Expected date of whelp.
- Average is 63 days but may take place from the 58th to the 68th day.
- Keep watching temp drop.
- Appetite will disappear as whelping approaches.
- May see a clear discharge from the vulva.
- At onset of labor may pace, dig, shiver, pant and/or vomit.
- First fetus will be delivered within 4 hours of the onset of labor.
Reign is doing very well. She is very irritable and enjoys being in the calm puppy room, but she also wants to be with me. So I am back n forth. 😀 I can feel movement and she likes me rubbing her tummy. Her due date is estimated around 9/7 (depends on which calculator I use). As always actual due date depends on the exact time of ovulation and well…. nature. haha
If you have any questions about available puppies from this litter, please feel free to contact me.