Winter is doing very well. Based on current symptoms and past experience I am pretty confident she is a few days behind the pregnancy calendar and will go past due date. Remember estimated due date is based on first tie/pairing and not actual ovulation date. Normal pregnancy length is 58-68 days, but can vary depending on actual ovulation date.
March 16 – March 21
- Week 8
- Dam begins to spend a lot more time grooming herself.
- Her breasts become swollen as her milk forms.
- Nesting begins as she looks for a place to have her puppies.
- The dam may not have as big of an appetite during this period.
- Offer your girl as much as she will eat several times a day rather than one huge meal.
- Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
- You can feel the puppies move now.
- Pups have fur and are more active in their crowded space.
- They move to get into position for birth.
Recourses used : https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/breedingdogs/whelpingdogpregnancycalendar.htm and http://www.maplesprings.com/pregnancy.html