Week 8: Sat Oct 24 – Fri Oct 30
- Dam begins to spend a lot more time grooming herself.
- Her breasts become swollen as her milk forms.
- Nesting begins as she looks for a place to have her puppies… Make sure you have her box or spot ready..
- The dam may not have as big of an appetite during this period. Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
- Offer your girl as much as she will eat several times a day rather than one huge meal.
- Pups have fur and are more active in their crowded space.
- They move to get into position for birth.
- You can feel the puppies move now.
- See if you can get her used to her whelping box
Reign is starting to lose the fur on her tummy. She is eating well. She is a bit restless and we are spending time in her whelping pool snuggling and cuddling. This week I will be getting whelping supplies restocked and making sure all the towels and bedding is re washed and ready.
*Pregnancy Calendar thanks to Dogbreedinfo.com and www.maplesprings.com