Week 7: Sat, Oct 17th – Fri, Oct 23rd
- She may shred papers, blankets or bedding in an attempt at “nest building” in the last weeks.
- During the last 2 weeks, your pet may become irritable and should avoid contact with small children.
- Moderate exercise is the proper approach. Neither forced rest nor strenuous exercise is a good idea. Short periods of gentle play and short walks are good..
- You may feel the puppies now but counting them may be a bit more difficult.
- Definite abdominal enlargement.
- Abdomen hair will start shedding.
Reign is doing well. We are now entering her 7th week of pregnancy. She is spending short amounts of time in the puppy room. She continues to stay close to me and loves pets n cuddles. Her tummy is not overly large but it is defiantly thicker/fuller. At this time I think litter size will be pretty close to her previous litter size. (4) Of course it is still a bit early as the puppies will continue to grow. We continue to feed Reign her kibble with nutritional toppers/add-ins.