Week 8: June 25 – July 1
- Dam begins to spend a lot more time grooming herself.
- Her breasts become swollen as her milk forms.
- Nesting begins as she looks for a place to have her puppies.
- The dam may not have as big of an appetite during this period. Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
- You can feel the puppies move now.
- Pups have fur and are more active in their crowded space. They move to get into position for birth.
- See if you can get her used to her whelping box
*estimated due date is based on the first tie and can change depending on the exact date ovulation took place.
We are getting the puppy room sanitized and organized. We have restocked the whelping kit and making sure all towels and bedding are rewashed and ready to go. Winter is doing well. She is still active but does take more rests. She searches me out now more then “normal”. This weekend I will be busy prepping after whelp (delivery) meals for added nutrition and extra calories.
The 3 pre birth deposits are reserved. Once the puppies are born picks 1-3 will choose and I will take deposits on the remaining puppies. (She has had 6 and 7 pups previously) If you are interested in a puppy from this litter please make sure I have a puppy questionnaire (application) on file!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. SupernovaSiberians@gmail.com.
© SupernovaSiberianHuskies.com aka TexasHuskies.com DO NOT use, copy, repost, publish, distribute without written consent!