Sun 24 Jun 2018 – Sat 30 Jun 2018
- Dam begins to spend a lot more time grooming herself.
- Her breasts become swollen as her milk forms.
- Nesting begins as she looks for a place to have her puppies. Make sure you have her box or spot ready.
- The dam may not have as big of an appetite during this period. Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
- Offer your girl as much as she will eat several times a day rather than one huge meal.
- You can feel the puppies move now.
- See if you can get her used to her whelping box.
- Pups have fur and are more active in their crowded space.
We are getting closer. Both girls are doing well. Amara is choosing to spend a lot of time in her puppy room. It is nice and cool in there and she can get a break from the younger pack members. If she is not in her room she is next to me on the couch. Autumn prefers to be where the action is and stays close to me. Both girls have noticeable bigger bellies, and they will only get bigger these last 2 weeks. We have not felt movement yet but as soon as we do, I will let you know.
Both puppy rooms have been clean and disinfected. I will be rewashing bedding and towels to make sure they are fresh and clean. I am also replenishing our whelping kit, making sure all our supplies are ready.
We are getting excited. If you have any questions, please let me know.