Tue 27 Aug – Mon 2 Sep
- She may shred papers, blankets or bedding in an attempt at “nest building” in the last weeks.
- Your girl could tire more easily, and look for a nesting box.
- During the last 2 weeks, your pet may become irritable and should avoid contact with small children.
- Moderate exercise is the proper approach. Neither forced rest nor strenuous exercise is a good idea. Short periods of gentle play and short walks are good..
- Definite abdominal enlargement.
- Abdomen hair will start shedding.
- The pups are developed well, and are growing daily.
The girls are entering their 7th week. Bellies are starting to grow for all 3 girls. It’s still bit to early to feel movement. We have noticed some irritability. Rooms will be set up this week so the girls can get use to being in separate rooms and get use to the whelping box (pool) again. That was delayed because we had to put a temporary fix on Amara’s puppy room floor. It will have to be completely redone after this litter. 😀 We are just about set. I need to do inventory and restock my whelping supplies and I also need to order a couple more puppy pens. 😀